Request when replying to bugs: include the package name / topic.

This is a particularly common problem with team maintenance packages or
with psuedo-packages (like release.debian.org) where a lot of people
may be on the list.

Please always include the package name / topic in the subject of the
email or, as a matter of last resort, in the first few lines of the
content of the message.

I see a lot of email of the type:

Subject: ping
Body: Any update on this issue?
EOF

Umm, *which* issue?

For anyone to know what is going on, it means that every subscriber has
to either ignore the email or go to the bug report manually and work
out which package or which type of request is being made for a
pseudo-package.

I know, this only goes to a subset of bug submitters and I've done this
myself on occasion (and sworn at myself when I get the ack) but can
people from this list *please* include something specific to the actual
package/topic in the Subject of emails to bug reports? At the very
least, something in the first few lines of the content saying what you
are pinging?

--

Neil Williams