Re: ok to ship vaporware in Debian?

Hello!

I see this as a question about main vs contrib.

Personally I'd put something like (libjs-)mediaelement in contrib
as obviously the main intended purpose it to use it together with
non-free software. But since it's not up to me....

Policy says this about contrib:

"The contrib archive area contains supplemental packages intended to
work with the Debian distribution, but which require software outside of
the distribution to either build or function."

>From https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-contrib

So I guess the question becomes: can something that by designed
does nothing (without non-free software installed) be considered
functioning?

I guess your (Jonas) opinion is already clear on this by using the
vapourware term.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson