Re: ok to ship vaporware in Debian?

Hello Jonas,

> In other words, mediaelement.js is a so-called polyfill - it does
> nothing on modern browsers, and mimics modern features on older
> browsers.

as far as I understand the mess, mediaelement.js provides an *API* for
media playback in browsers by acting as a wrapper around <video> and
<audio> elements on modern browsers that supports them and by falling
back to its own Flash-/Silverlight-based implementation if not. As long
as it does the former properly (and I asume we do only ship "modern"
browsers in Debian nowadays) it does all that's needed, right?

- Fabian

PS: As an anecdote regarding "team maintenance", remember this one?