Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

>> But I'm actually back to gnome3 because with the right
>>  extensions it is more pleasant."
>
> So the question is does debian have the extensions he speaks of?
> (and) Have debian tweaked those extensions by default, to his liking?
>
> And to quote a not so famous computer user who said "what's that crap on the
> screen, i don't like that, why have they made it look like android"(main
> gnome3 menu + app list) and "i can't login to your laptop now". (GDM3)
> I asked for no opinion or expressed one either way. But since we're now just
> quoting things people said.
> The user has far more experience with windows in general, but has no
> problems with lightdm+ e17. (never seen xfce)
> Again i suppose it depends who debian is targetting by default.
Well, Linus' extensions won't break because GNOME updates them with
every release and ships them with the official GNOME release.
They are also available in Debian:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/gnome-shell-extensions
In order to use a "classic" GNOME, the only thing the user has to do
on a Debian installation is (if the extensions package is installed)
to select "GNOME Classic" from the login screen.
So it's not complicated at all.
Cheers,
    Matthias