Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 04:09:25PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> To quote a fairly famous Linux user who eventually came back from XFCE
> to GNOME: "But I'm actually back to gnome3 because with the right
> extensions it is more pleasant."[1]
>
> But I'm not sure if he qualifies as a power user or is just another guy
> who like Windows 8 or OS X. *scnr*

I wait with bated breath when the next GNOME version update breaks all
of his extensions (as GNOME version updates are wont to do).  And then
when he complains, hopefully he won't swear too much, when he's told
that it's his fault for depending on GNOME extensions, since there is
zero guarantees of compatibility given by GNOME.

(This is Linus "thou shalt not break userspace" Torvalds we're talking
about.  And the GNOME extensions are the diametric opposite of that
philosophy.)

						- Ted