Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:51:16AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> Forward this to the debian CTTE, please!

Thanks for the suggestion, Svante!  I've just reread
https://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte and it does not yet seem
appropriate for the CTTE; there has not yet been any discussion with
the relevant package maintainers.

A bit more searching (reading the relevant changelogs) has shown that
bugs https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=752939 and
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754984 contain a lot
more information about this issue.

It seems that once cgmanager 0.27 is allowed into unstable from NEW, a
new version of systemd-shim will be able to be uploaded, which will
allow libpam-systemd to coexist with sysvinit once again.

It's just a shame that various migrations to testing were allowed
before this had been resolved :-(

Anyway, I would still love to know how to write a systemd script which
pauses to accept input from the keyboard before continuing.

   Julian