systemd-shim [Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?]

Am 01.07.2014 19:53, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> new init.  But the systemd maintainers are anxious to update to a newer
> version in unstable, and while there are plans in Ubuntu to make
> systemd-shim support the interfaces needed for newer logind, this isn't
> ready yet.

This issue has been known since December 2013 and was also discussed
during the ctte debate.

Tollef back then promised to hold back any updates until May 2014.
We are way past that date.

And still, there are just "plans" to update systemd-shim, no concrete code.

As of this writing 204, is already over 1 year old and will be grossly
outdated once jessie releases. It also misses a lot of important
functionality.
That missing functionality is holding back other maintainers, like the
GNOME maintainers which need a newer logind for 3.12 or the AppArmor
folks, which want the AppArmorProfile support in v210.

I do not think it's reasonable to hold back any updates of systemd in
the hope that an updated systemd-shim eventually appears.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?