Re: software outside Debian (Re: holes in secure apt)

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:26:43AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
[..snip..]
> [1] I'm aware that certain libraries do restart services affected by the
> upgrade, but there's no generic framework for this.

whatmaps[A] hooks into the apt pipeline for that and looks for shared
objects coming in via security updates. It's far from perfect though
since it only handles sysvinit and the mappings of processes to
services are currently hard coded.
 -- Guido

[A] https://packages.debian.org/whatmaps