Re: sofftware outside Debian (Re: holes in secure apt)

Hi Christoph,

On Montag, 16. Juni 2014, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Well I guess the reason for flash is rather the license, isn't it?

no, it's in contrib, because it's a downloader package.

> Anyway... just because something it in contrib/non-free for legal
> reasons... I see no necessity to handle such packages less secure.

both torbrowser-launcher as well as flashplugin-nonfree use gpg to verify
securely what they've downloaded.

so I guess you will need to pick on other examples ;-) And just file bugs when
you find these. And probably suggest a patch to Debian policy :-)

cheers,
	Holger