Re: sofftware outside Debian (Re: holes in secure apt)

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 23:06 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> both flashplugin-nonfree and torbrowser-launcher are (or will be) in contrib
> (and thus not be part of Debian) for exactly those reasons you described.
Well I guess the reason for flash is rather the license, isn't it?

Anyway... just because something it in contrib/non-free for legal
reasons... I see no necessity to handle such packages less secure.
When we have things like susv[2,3,4]... we may not put them into main
normally packaged, but - being honest - many users won't simply care for
such license details... but what they want is, that they don't donwload
HTML documentation that contains javascript which sends all their data
to some attacker.

Cheers,
Chris.