Re: systemd-fsck?

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 07:42:32PM +0100, David Goodenough wrote:

> > service foo <action> works across Linux distributions, with or without
> > systemd, and does the right thing.
> The big shame with service is that tab completion does not work properly.
> If I use /etc/init.d/ then tab tells me what is there and spells it right.

The bash-completion package knows how to complete arguments to 'service'.
If you use a different login shell, there's probably an equivalent.  In any
case, we shouldn't let ourselves be held back from improving our interfaces
simply because historically the interface was one that happened to be
compatible with filesystem-based tab completion implementations.