Re: copyrighted embedded ICC profiles in images

Hi,

Le 13/05/2014 05:34, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> On Mon, 12 May 2014, James Cloos wrote:
>
>> Note that you cannot just strip colour profiles from image containers.
>>
>> Doing so changes the output.
>>
>> You'd have to replace the profile with a Free equivilent.  Or, if no
>> free equivilent is available, edit the image to match a Free profile.
>
> Can you publish a “foolproof” guide how to
> ⓐ find out whether this needs to be done, and for which
>   image types (JPG? PNG? others?), and

I believe TIFF files may also be affected. Please note that the one
liner provided in the beginning of this thread may be a good basis for
the tool you’re looking for.

> ⓑ do so, at least scripted?

The exiftool binary from the libimage-exiftool-perl package can remove
or replace a profile (there are probably alternatives in the archive).

> Also, where is a Free profile? ISTR that PDF/{A,X} creation
> requires a profile too; I’ve used one that came as example
> somewhere currently.

The icc-profiles-free package is in main.

Regards

David