Re: systemd-fsck?

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 20:30:22 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> > Am 09.05.2014 19:56, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > > I don't think systemd integration is in a state today that this
> > > is ready to
> > > become the default.
> >
> > What are you missing?
>
> Suitable explaination and reaction to bug reports like:
>
> polkit-kde-1: requires root password for hibernate, wrongly reports
> other users are logged on
> http://bugs.debian.org/727645
>

> This last time I tested still breaks hibernation for any users of a
> full KDE installation including dirmngr. *Months* after it was
> reported.
>
> I saw a work-around / partly fix posted which I missed before, by
> changing
>
> output=$(su -c ". /lib/lsb/init-functions && umask 027 &&
> start_daemon -p $PIDFILE $DAEMON --daemon --sh" dirmngr) || return 1
>
> in /etc/init.d/dirmngr to start-stop-daemon[1]. I will try this and
> report back to the bug report.
>

> Still on reporting this bug as well [2] like this I got the
> impression of being told: "Go away, the bug is elsewhere, I don´t
> care." Basically you just told me that policy-kit just does what it
> is setup to do[3]. Yet with installing systemd it hibernation in full
> KDE setups breaks and with a user hat on – I contributed a few Debian
> packages – I just don´t care where this is to be fixed. I was baffled
> at being told that this behaviour is supposed to be there by design
> and got the impression that I was expected to put up with it.
>
> While such a bug is still unfixed in packages I think its not
> suitable to make systemd a default as I expressed here[4]. Unless you
> want users of unstable and testing to be annoyed with systemd.
>
> I accept that the fix may lay elsewhere, but I found your responses
> to not be helpful at all.
>
> Maybe that is my biggest concern with the systemd stuff. The
> defensive reaction to feedback and bug reports I perceived with
> upstream and debian developers which I partly understand given the
> bashing the systemd side received. I may have used an unsuitable tone
> at times as well, and I am sorry for that, but being told "Go away"
> just doesn´t match the responsibility for dealing with issues with
> something that is a default for all users who don´t change it.
> systemd as a default needs a different reaction to bug reports than
> this.

The root cause of this bug is in the initscript of dirmngr that us using
su instead of start-stop-daemon.

su is starting a PAM session which then call pam_systemd. This
should not happen for daemons.

Again here systemd is only doing what he's instructed to do; not
allowing a user to create a DOS for other logged in users. So please
get dirmngr fixed instead of blaming systemd/logind. I've reopened the
initial bug opened against dirmngr about the fact that the initscript
is calling su (#668890)

Cheers,

Laurent Bigonville