Re: systemd-fsck?

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014, 20:30:22 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> Am 09.05.2014 19:56, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > I don't think systemd integration is in a state today that this is ready
> > become the default.
>
> What are you missing?

Suitable explaination and reaction to bug reports like:

polkit-kde-1: requires root password for hibernate, wrongly reports other
users are logged on
http://bugs.debian.org/727645

This last time I tested still breaks hibernation for any users of a full KDE
installation including dirmngr. *Months* after it was reported.

I saw a work-around / partly fix posted which I missed before, by changing

output=$(su -c ". /lib/lsb/init-functions && umask 027 && start_daemon -p
$PIDFILE $DAEMON --daemon --sh" dirmngr) || return 1

in /etc/init.d/dirmngr to start-stop-daemon[1]. I will try this and report
back to the bug report.

Still on reporting this bug as well [2] like this I got the impression of
being told: "Go away, the bug is elsewhere, I don´t care." Basically you just
told me that policy-kit just does what it is setup to do[3]. Yet with
installing systemd it hibernation in full KDE setups breaks and with a user
hat on – I contributed a few Debian packages – I just don´t care where this is
to be fixed. I was baffled at being told that this behaviour is supposed to be
there by design and got the impression that I was expected to put up with it.

While such a bug is still unfixed in packages I think its not suitable to make
systemd a default as I expressed here[4]. Unless you want users of unstable
and testing to be annoyed with systemd.

I accept that the fix may lay elsewhere, but I found your responses to not be
helpful at all.

Maybe that is my biggest concern with the systemd stuff. The defensive reaction
to feedback and bug reports I perceived with upstream and debian developers
which I partly understand given the bashing the systemd side received. I may
have used an unsuitable tone at times as well, and I am sorry for that, but
being told "Go away" just doesn´t match the responsibility for dealing with
issues with something that is a default for all users who don´t change it.
systemd as a default needs a different reaction to bug reports than this.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727645#45

[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727645#20

[3] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=717731#10

[4] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=727645#50