Re: ':any' syntax in package names in jessie/sid Packages

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 03:24:46PM +0100, Wookey wrote:

> So far as I know that spec doc is correct for Debian and Ubuntu. The
> only significant difference is that Ubuntu has patched apt to assume
> that :all packages are M-A:foreign by default. Debian has not, and
> requires all packages to be so marked explicitly.

I thought so too, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

For example, I can't install cmake:i386 in an amd64 trusty chroot:

  cmake:i386 : Depends: cmake-data:i386 (>= 2.8.12.2) but it is not installable

(cmake-data is arch:all but not multi-arch annotated.)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org