Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

> It's a bit risky if we don't do a mass rebuild after a new
> autotools-related package upload.  I still see quite a lot of warnings
> if I re-run the tools on older sources, but these days, most builds seem
> to work out alright.

Yeah, most of the warnings are about underquoting, and *usually* m4 ends
up doing the right thing anyway.

> Given that it makes this makes it more likely that patches that require
> rerunning the tools work out cleanly, it seems a good idea overall.

My impression from doing this in about ten packages is that it's more
likely to break things than a new gcc release for C code but less likely
than a new g++ release for C++ code or a new major Perl release for Perl
packages.