Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

Charles,

it would be much more productive for Debian if you wouldn't claim wrong things
and start fixing the issue in at least this package.  The mass-filing proposal
was sent in January to this very list. It's not my problem if you don't read
this list or ignore proposals for mass bug filings.

The bug itself (#744664) is not fixed in 1.13.5-1.1, the issue that you merged
back (thanks for this) was a build failure on arm64.  This is a build failure on
ppc64el.  The reason for this are outdated libtool.m4 and/or aclocal.m4 files,
resulting in shared libraries not being built.  Please note that exactly this is
mentioned in the bug report. You did close it apparently without reading. And
without fixing.

This batch of new issues had some false positives, which I hope are now closed.
 However this test rebuild was done a few weeks ago, but didn't finish on some
architectures until recently, so you see some reported for superseded version
numbers.

I assume there are a few people who want to see new ports available in Debian,
and in the case of arm64, Wookey is already working on it.  If you can provide
him with the necessary hardware, I'm sure he wants to do such a test rebuild
with sid or jessie. I can't. And I do see value seeing Debian prepared for new
ports.

  Matthias