Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [140415 02:06]:
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Nevertheless, with these mass filings where we add en masse the same
> > option to many packages, I wonder if we are doing something wrong.
> > Don't we use debhelper and CDBS to have reasonable defaults ?  Are there
> > more packages that fail to build after autoreconf, than packages that
> > fail to build without ?
>
> There are certainly more packages that fail to build *on amd64* after
> autoreconf than packages that fail to build without.  So it depends on
> what your priorities are.  :)

Arguably this means that we're shipping files without source
(preferred form of modification etc.), because with our tools the
generated configure (and other files) can not be regenerated.

I consider software where bootstrapping configure fails to be buggy;
usually it prevents extending the software without huge effort.

  -ch

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer