Re: automatic autoconf config file updating

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> Personally I would then silence the lintian warning, because...

>  a) I dislike dh-autoreconf: It removes changed files  which breaks my
>     workflow where disappearing files are treated as an error.
>  b) I prefer stripping automade files from source tarball, to avoid the
>     (IMO required) hassle of both verifying that we also ship proper
>     sources for them, and track copyright/licensing for them.

You realize these contradict each other, right?  If you strip the automade
files from the source tarball, then dh-autoreconf will no longer delete
changed files, since the files that it deletes are exactly the files that
you're stripping.

So unless I'm missing something, it seems like you should continue to do
(b) if you want to do that... and then also use dh-autoreconf.