Re: Debian default desktop environment

This one time, at band camp, Thomas Goirand said:
> Then, maybe a GR for deciding which DE should be the default could be
> considered. It's not like the init system: I think every DD has enough
> knowledge to decide, especially because this is a very subjective choice
> with tastes and habits involved (TWM anyone? :)). I'm not sure I would
> like to take the burden of being the person proposing the GR and writing
> the text though, and I would prefer to first discuss if it is a good
> idea to do that (some may very dislike that idea).

Every GR we've had has been divisive and exhausting.  Proposing one for
something as trivial as this makes me sad.

If you don't like something, get involved and fix it.  Legislating
something you are too busy or lazy to spend any time on is not the way
to fix things in Debian.  This is a very tractable problem, and it
should be solvable (and solved) within the team doing the work.

Cheers,