Re: Debian default desktop environment

As for my grumpy tone, I apologise for that -- it probably comes from
the several voluminous threads on debian-devel recently spouting drivel
about systemd which I may have unfairly associated with this thread.

Philip, I would like to thank you for the reply and also apologize for the email that I sent. I didn't want the discussion to be lost.

However, I believe we should all know that there are many developers here, but also users - the latter being my case. So, I am not aware of the technical limitations of the distribution, and I think that some developer here could help us pointing them out, if any. Moreover, it would be important to know whether these limitations can be overcome or not.