Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

----- "Thomas Goirand" <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> And yes, Java sux! :/ And it's going to take *a lot* of space on the
> CD1. This should therefore be discussed on the debian-cd list as well.
> I don't think that only the argument "it's better because of this or
> that feature" would be the only one (unfortunately).

"Java sux" is so 1990s. Java produces faster results than most of the
other advanced languages (python, ruby, perl, etc.), has better support
for threads, an enormous range of support libraries and is Free
Software. Eclipse is probably the most popular Free Software IDE in
the world. Assertions about the space it takes up are fair but why not
leave "java sux" type comments to the trolls, where they belong?