Re: ca-certificates: no more cacert.org certificates?!?

previously on this list people contributed:

> I still don't see why we penalize Debian users for the fact that _other_
> operating systems don't include the cacert certificate

Seems illogical to me we need more free CAs not less and I do agree
about the extortionism especially on EV.

If a web designer only tests if one browser works on one OS without a
chaining issue then does he really care and is he a fool that needs
teaching anyhow.

>> I have to agree on that. But a Startcom Certificate on a personal web
>> site is one web site more that doesn't train users to blindly click
>> away certificate warnings. A cacert certificate or a self-signed
>> certificate on a personal web site is one web site more that does that
>> kind of training.

Or to check if they are on the right domain?

Xombrero caching of cert changes and warnings is useful in the terrible
climate for those who know what to check.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)