Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

On 30/03/14 20:53, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Tzafrir Cohen (2014-03-30 19:15:04)

- - and while at it please also add info about JSCommunicator :-)

>>> That is a trick question - many of the features of
>>> JSCommunicator are provided by the media stack in the browser
>>> or by JsSIP
>>>
>>> E.g. if a browser supports Opus, JSCommunicator will use it.
>>> If not, it doesn't actually know or care.
>>
>> So this page needs some entries for browsers?
>
> Please don't: Let's keep it a two-dimensional matrix.
>
> Track browser features in a separate wiki page if you find that
> relevant (and, for comparison, one on how well desktop environments
> integrates a volume control as part of their GUI, and one on which
> integrated computers has graphics drivers with XVIDEO supported X11
> drivers, etc.).

To maintain the correct focus here, it is probably more relevant to
track browser features from the WebRTC specs rather than all browser
features in general.

Some things are standard as per the spec and all browsers implement
them (e.g. the G.711 codec, AVPF, ICE)

There has been variation in the SRTP style and the video codecs but
that will hopefully converge.

All of this could be summarised by a line in the table for "WebRTC
spec" rather than one line per browser.