Re: stop posting useless cruft and get to work (systemd and Linux are *fundamentally incompatible* -> and I can prove it)

On 26/03/14 17:13, Kevin Toppins wrote:
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on my post being useless.
With the hope of contributing constructive criticism, I'll answer that.

As far as the systemd vs. upstart discussion, I was leaning in upstart (more precisely, against systemd). As such, your email was very interesting to me. Unfortunately, it was unreadable. You said you'll start with background, but instead of providing technical background, you provided meaningless and irrelevant "he said, I said" arguments. Trying to skim ahead to find where the meat starts did not easily detect such a point.

At this point, I simply assumed the email had nothing more to say. If I'm wrong, feel free to answer with the technical gist of your arguments. If you want me to read it, please adhere to the following guidelines:
  • No more than one page.
  • No *asterisks* and -> arrows.
  • No references to previous discussions, or other people's arguments for/against systemd.

I believe in free discussion. As such, feel free to ignore these suggestions, just as I'll feel free to ignore your email if you do so.

Shachar