Re: jquery debate with upstream

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 09:57:50PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> That would work only if the embedded copy was the same version as
> the packaged one. And there are lots of jQuery versions in the wild.
>
> In <20120817111437.GA8518@jwilk.net> I suggested making a package
> that would bundle all the needed sources, but my proposal wasn't met
> with enthusiasm.

I think this mega-package might actually be hella useful, but I think
it'd be useful if we do some dh-foo to automagically strip and link
copies at build-time, so that we *never* ship a jquery file (if it's a
matching shasum or something), but it strips it and turns it into a dep
+ symlink.

As for having the source to a source package in another source package?
Hurm. I don't know how I feel about that, but I don't think I like it.

But, I do like the jquery mega-package // javascript mega-package. We
could at least fix Doxygen to not throw these copies all around.

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87