Re: systemd2init PoC

On 02/14/2014 01:33 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 02/14/2014 12:01 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>> I have hacked together a PoC systemd2init shell script on top of
>> augeas-tools (you need at least jessie version) to autogenerate sysv-rc
>> script out of simple service file.
>
> Cool! Thanks for hacking this together. I'd guess this could be
> very helpful during the transition.

Why only during the transition? If we want to support systemd as default init
system and other init systems more or less easily, requiring service files and
converting them automatically sounds like a good idea. It could even produce
open-rc init scripts. And users can choose whatever they like to run. Sounds
like good idea to me :)