Re: Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them. Where's linus in all of this?

[ dropping insane number of offtopic Cc:s ]

ChaosEsque Team dijo [Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 03:42:47AM -0800]:
> Honestly, f__k systemd and f__k lennart, and f__k the fans of them.
> Where's linus in all of this?

He is maintaining a kernel, not userland?

> What can we do?
> Can we fork debian? (Why do we have to...)

Of course you can, you will join a team of hundreds of derived
distributions if you so choose. Just be warned, the work you'll have
to do to keep it relevant is _high_. But of course, I wish you
success.

> Why do 4 people get to decide to send thousands and thousands of people into the systemd waters?
> This is not fair.

This is the point that made me answer to your trolling post.

Because we (the non-anonymous project members, the 1000-ish people
that *do* make up Debian and get to decide about it) highly value,
respect and trust those four people - As well as the four others TC
members.

There might, yes, be a GR resolution still putting this all to debate
again. I strongly hope not. But anyway - As a project, we chose to
have a governance body, consisting of some of our most respected
members, who have done more technical work, and whose judgement we
trust.

Many develpers cheered when the issue was raised to the TC. Add us all
to those 4+4 people that made the decision (those that voted against
are also part of the deciding body).

> This is not-pro choice. And YES, linux, and especially debian IS about choice.
> No matter what redhat and lennart fans say.

OK. Please get out of your invisibility cloak, and tell us your Debian
login. Because, if you know for certain that Debian is about choice,
you are most probably a DD (or can easily become one) and get things
in proper shape.

Many things in Debian are about choice: That is because there is a
developer caring about said choice. Please note that you can no longer
use GNOME 2 (MATE is on its way, but not there yet) because nobody was
able to cope with maintaining it there. I grieved when the ion3 window
manager was thrown out, but didn't step up to write a free
alternative.

Debian is *not* and has never been about choice. Debian is about what
we volunteers (and of course, you are welcome to the team) can do for
our users - But always aligned with our personal goals, in our free
(or third-party-paid) time.

As for the rest of your mail, I'm sorry, I won't descend into that
discoursive level.