Re: conflict between system user and normal user

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> Seems you are essentially talking about this;

>   usermod -l $NEWNAME $OLDNAME

> What would such --rename option to adduser script contain, beyond that?

Ah, I was looking in the wrong place.  Thanks!

I would like something to check that the account is a system account, but
that's the only other thing that occurs to me.  I'm not sure if it would
need a debconf prompt before making the change.  (I'd prefer not, but as
we found with base-passwd, people end up using system accounts for all
sorts of odd things.)