Re: Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 01:18:09PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Another project that looks at DEP-12 metadata is DUCK, the Debian URL
> checker. I think it looks at DEP-12 stuff as a source of URLs to
> check.

Is this some vote to keep the file debian/upstream?

> There are other issues with uscan/DEP-12;

I do not think we should discuss DEP-12 issues in this thread.  If you
really want to discuss it please use another thread.  Just for
additional explanation:

> debian/watch is duplicated in the Watch field in DEP-12 debian/upstream.

Charles did clarify this.  I personally never understood why we should
keep a copy of some code hanging around somewhere.  I never maintained
this (optional) field since I thought you can always auto-generate this
field from existing (+tested +maintained) debian/watch file if (at all)
uscan would regard debian/upstream instead of debian/watch.

> The Homepage field from debian/control is duplicated in DEP-12 debian/upstream.

I also ignored this (optional) field since for me it makes no sense
to have the very same information at different places before there is
some slight tendency for acceptance.  Finally some cme tricks could
do the conversion later.

> umegaya doesn't support packages where there is no VCS. Not sure if
> the blends site has the same issue?

The Blends tools are using data from UDD exclusively.  So if it is not
UDD it is not seen.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--