Re: Unreleased libraries

Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:

>I am interested in packaging Skia ( https://code.google.com/p/skia/ ), the
>2D library used in Chromium, Firefox and others. I need it because a
>package I maintain (witty) is replacing GraphicsMagick with Skia.
>
>I went to Skia's download page and... found there is none: Skia does not
>make releases, tags, or anything like that. You download from Subversion
>and the svn revision is all you have.
>
>Is there a policy on how to package software that does not make releases?

In general, I think others have given you good advice. In the case of
skia, is is actually useful to package it? Upstream explicitly don't
do releases, semmingly because they don't believe in them at all. The
recommended way of using it is to embed a copy - ugh!

(Background: I've contributed code to skia myself in the past...)

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/