Re: Looking for ideas for merging a micro package...

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 02:18:40PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Philipp Kern <pkern <at> debian.org> writes:
>
> > > I absolutely do not want to see anything related to ruby on my
> > > systems.
> >
> > How is that relevant for Debian?
>
> SC#4 and not forcing bad things on users.

Fantastic. In that case I propose we remove mksh from the archive as
that's forcing bad things on our users.

More seriously though, this kind of attitude is not something I expect
from any developer - we can have opinions on suitability of software,
but to enforce your own opinions on others is quite simply, a dick move.

How would you feel if I started asking for complete removal of all your
software because I think it's crap? This is software that has mostly
been developed by *volunteers* in their spare time, who are all
dedicated to making thing better for people. Please do NOT denegrade
software like this.

Neil