Re: DSA, kFreeBSD, and the Singularity

Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, 01 Sep 2013, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>
>> I can only recall one wishlist bug from DSA at the moment which is
>> #711247 requesting pflogd.  I'd love to hear more wishlist kfreebsd
>> ideas from DSA.
>
> syslog-ng on kfreebsd doesn't properly reconnect to logservers after
> they went a way for a while or the network dropped.
>
> Would be nice if that could be fixed.

I'd be happy to fix, if there's a bug filed (if there is one, and I
didn't notice, apologies!). The problem should be fixed in later
upstream versions, but I have not had the chance to test it yet, and we
need to upload something more recent anyway. This will happen Real Soon
Now(tm).

But if there's a bug filed, I can likely find and backport the fix to
wheezy too. (or provide a backport of the new syslog-ng upstream version
on backports.d.o)