Re: Nitpicking in the NEW queue.

On 09/02/2013 07:38 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Adding to this. I know Paul personally very well and I don't think that
> he'd maliciously reject a package.

I don't think so either.

Though what happens is that Charles is being frustrated because of the
current waiting time in the NEW queue (and it clearly shows in his
mail). If it was like before November 2012 (eg: less than a week for a
review), then it wouldn't happen, IMO.

I've been very happy to see that there was more people accepted in the
team in order to help solving this problem. Let's just hope that it will
work out better in the near future, and reduce the frustration of
everyone facing issues with the current delay. The graph of the NEW
package count shows there's an ongoing effort for this.

BTW, we always know who rejects a package. Though it'd be nice to also
know in the ACCEPTED message who did it (for example we could send
thanks for the work of reviewing an upload). Has the FTP master team
thought about that? Or is there reasons why you want to stay anonymous?
(or perhaps nobody has time to work on that futile feature?)

Thomas