Re: Nitpicking in the NEW queue.

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 12:12:09AM -0400, Paul R. Tagliamonte wrote:
> > I would like that the FTP team please refrain from giving cheap side
> > comments
>
> Um......
>
> > or ask cheap questions in its rejection emails (have you noticed that the
> ITP
> > bug was originally submitted as a wishlist addition to another package ?)
> and
>
> These "cheep comments" are intended to be helpful. I'm sorry you don't
> appreciate it, but folks are usually thankful for the second pair of eyes
> on the changes.

Please keep up with your helpful comments even when nitpicking!  While
lacking the full context (no quote of the original mail) I just can wild
guess that possibly a similar thing might have happened as it was some
time ago in one of my packages:  In the first place I was overlooking
the real problem which was mentioned in a short sentence after a more
verbose minor comment about spelling.

While I really like your comments it might perhaps cause less friction
(and avoid mails like those from Charles) when you would "tag" your mail
like:

  Rejection reason / major problem:

  Additional hint (not relevant for accepting):

or something like this.

Thanks for your work on the NEW queue

      Andreas.

--