Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

>  I recommend one more option, nicknamed "rotten tomatoes",
> that basically says that this GR should never have been proposed.

And even more so not listened to for a few reasons.

Little has changed since the last discussion that I feel came to a
reasonable current standing with an overview possibly from Thorsten.

Allowing unforgivable and inconsiderate possibly purposeful upstream
decisions to improve the chances of migration with potential future
black mailing fall out to come from the non-negotiable systemd camp can
only encourage dispicable behaviour and send the wrong message and
one that is far more important not to send than not sending Gnome
dropped because of systemd message which would actually have some
justification.

I feel a consensus to never talk about systemd migration when systemd
or dependencies cause problems should be made and to do so only when a
high level decision is made that it is the right time to decide
whether to switch or stay with the current init has been made and on a
general what init system is best process rather than thread change. If
anyone deviates simply tell them that any general discussion not
relating to a particular problem is off agenda currently.

I wish not to get involved but worry about what will happen if I don't
and so would be glad if all can agree to simply replying to any attempts
for the time being with something like.

'/SBIN/INIT MIGRATION OR NOT IS CURRENTLY BEING CONSIDERED AND NOT
OPEN FOR DISCUSSION CURRENTLY'

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)