Re: tech-ctte: Decide which init system to default to in Debian.

On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 12:16:04 -0400, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> Package: tech-ctte
> Severity: normal

> please vote on and decide on the default init system for Debian.

*Siiiiiiiiiiigh*, this is a decision that has project-wide implications
by setting the project's direction, and even if the consititution grants
the tech-ctte this power it's precisely here where a GR would be the most
fair option, because lots of people might need to end up having to do or
stop doing work due to this. Also even if a majority of the project would
disagree with any such decision, subsequently overruling the tech-ctte by
way of a GR requires more than a simple majority. You know, GRs do not
eat babies or something.

If I had wanted to be told top-down, by a small committee how to spend
my *volunteer* time in a project I'd have joined a corporate-backed one
instead…

Very much not amused…

I'm happy to sponsor a GR to decide this, though.

Regards,
Guillem