Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>wrote:
>Would LXDE still fit on the same CD? I'm guessing yes, but I'd rather
>> have it explicit.
>Why are we still talking about CDs? Didn't everybody move to DVDs a century
>ago? People who want to install Debian on old machines which only have a CD
>reader can use USB or an external DVD unit and let the project move to

We've had this discussion multiple times over the years. I've been
told multiple times that we still have a non-negligible set of users
owning/running hardware that can't do DVDs. I'm not 100% convinced
myself of how large or critical this use case is, but that's the
information I have. We *could* just drop all the CD sets and be done
with it, just keeping the netinst CD and the DVDs. Is that what people
really want?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/