Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 13:31 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> We've had this discussion multiple times over the years. I've been
> told multiple times that we still have a non-negligible set of users
> owning/running hardware that can't do DVDs. I'm not 100% convinced
> myself of how large or critical this use case is, but that's the
> information I have. We *could* just drop all the CD sets and be done
> with it, just keeping the netinst CD and the DVDs. Is that what people
> really want?

I'd be fine it,...

CD's can probably dropped anyway
Which "end-user" (who cannot bootstrap Debian via other means) has
really only CD drives, that are not able to read DVDs?
And many new notebooks (not to talk about servers) have no CD/DVD at
all.

Cheers,
Chris.