Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:40:35PM +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> So to me the classc/fallback frontier seems to be a rather dark field...
> it's nice that you guys try to keep it working in Debian, but quite
> apparently GNOME upstream wants to ultimately get rid of it, and that
> *will* happen sooner or later.

Fallback mode has been dropped as of GNOME 3.8. At the same time,
gnome-panel maintenance has been taken over by a Flashback team. There
is *no* intention to prevent anyone working on any component that we
deprecated / aren't using anymore. It could be difficult, but no idea.

Note that also various MATE developers have git.gnome.org accounts (I
set that up for them). IIRC they took over one of the deprecated
components.

--
Regards,
Olav