Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On 2013-10-24 22:24:05, James McCoy wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:57:37AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > James wrote:
> > >On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> > >This falsely implies that sticking with Gnome requires replacing the
> > >init system.  The only requirement is that systemd is installed, not
> > >that it is used as the init system.
> >
> > That may be the case today, but I personally think it's abundantly
> > clear from the current path of Gnome development that sooner or later
> > it's going to have a hard dependency on using systemd.
>
> That doesn't contradict what I stated.  One can use systemd (the
> package) without using systemd (the binary) as PID 1.

Why should I have installed packages I'm not using and I don't want to use?
I know it's rhetorical question but not all systems are having enough disk space
besides I don't like have packages I'm not using on my systems.
So it's not a solution to anything just kind a nasty workaround.

--

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x58C338B3
3DF1 A4DF C732 4688 38BC F121 6869 30DD  58C3 38B3