Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

]] James McCoy

> That doesn't contradict what I stated.  One can use systemd (the
> package) without using systemd (the binary) as PID 1.  I don't see any
> reason why Gnome would care what init system is used, while I do see
> reasons why they want to use the various other tools that come along
> with systemd (the package).

I, as a systemd maintainer, do explicitly not guarantee this will work
at all.  A very few components (most notably udev) are standalone, but
you can't generally assume they are, and the component GNOME is relying
on (logind) is not.

Tollef Fog Heen