Re: trove is already a source package in Debian and a Python module in PyPi

Le mardi, 1 octobre 2013 23.45:53 Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> On 10/01/2013 10:02 PM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > Ask ftp masters to reject the package and re-upload with the source
> > package renamed to have an openstack prefix/suffix/infix.
>
> Thanks but no thanks. I need to have the python namespace (eg, the
> egg-info and such) to match the package name, otherwise there will be
> no correct automatic ${python:Depends} substitution.

That's why Jonathan proposed to have the _source_ package renamed, which
has nothing to do with the ${python:Depends} substition.

Renaming source packages to be in their own namespace is frankly a quite
minor annoyance; just do it once (adapt your debian/watch parsing and
processing tools) and be done with it. Paul also pointed out the
possibility to namespace the openstack source packages set, which makes
them easier to cluster; I concur with this suggestion.

Cheers,

OdyX
--
OdyX