Re: dpkg-gensymbols -- should(n't) version where symbol was introduced remain when SONAME changes?

On Saturday 21 September 2013 22:58:15 Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > > [-libfreenect.so.0.1 libfreenect0.1-]{+libfreenect.so.0.2
> > > libfreenect0.2+} #MINVER#[-(optional)fn_log@Base 1:0.1.1-]> >
> >                   ^^^^^
> >
> > You need to change the soname in the first line of your symbols file,
> > otherwise what you get is the deletion of one library and the addition
> > of a different one.
>
> Thank you Andreas for your time and the reply -- the former
> "problem" is so obvious now that it hurts ;)

While it could be considered "hitting the problem with a hammer" in this cases
I run a recursive grep for the old stuff over the debian dir. It's of course
not the only thing to do, but has proven useful so far :)

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/