Re: Replacing unrar-free with unar wrapper

I have worked in the past year a bit with unrar-nonfree, mainly
because I wanted rar (cbr) support in calibre.
I would be happy having a drop-in replacement, if this is possible,
but I don't know how easy this is for calibre.
The way it works there, is that calibre links against libunrar and
expects certain output (as in std out) in order to parse the list with
the files in the archive before reading them as the result of the
command.
I have not dug in detail in the calibre implementation, I just made
sure libunrar is available and is compiled without defining SILENT
macro
So, a compatibility layer for unrar-nonfree that could be used for
calibre, should also provide a compatible library

A final solution would be to convince the calibre developer to use
unar instead, but I don't know how easy that'd be

--
=Do-
N.AND