Re: Less dinstall FTW?

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:
The open question is if having earlier (easy) access to uploads is
worthwhile or

That would only make sense if buildds would be given access to i.d.o, and I consider this to be very dangerous (so I am not proposing this, juste mentioning it).

Or can you think of any other scenario when it could be useful to end users?  I think running on unstable is bleeding edge enough already, and if you need some specific fix *right* *now* available from i.d.o, you can always download it by hand.

if it would just lead to people running apt-get update in
a loop to always have the newest packages without any real gains for the
project.

My guess is that it would end up exactly in this.

I think that we don't need aptable i.d.o, but we need DPAs.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Have you tried Knot DNS – https://www.knot-dns.cz/