Re: Less dinstall FTW?

Am 29.08.2013 09:38, schrieb Raphael Hertzog:

Can we separate dinstall and pushing to the mirrors ?

Yes we can, but I don't see the need for dinstall without pushing the mirrors.

The reason why we want to keep dinstall running often are notably:
- closing bug earlier

Not needed. Happens at processing time, not dinstall.

- informing users/developers earlier that updates are available (even
  though only via incoming.debian.org for the first few hours)

The ones who actually would use apt-able incoming, IMO, are the ones who create a support nightmare, and only few would make good use of it. Those few who can easily download the .deb manually, the very seldom times a bugfix is that urgent for someone. All the rest, IMO,
would be the versionitis only.

- always having up-to-date data in projectb

Not needed, happens at processing time, not dinstall.

- we might want to have internal mirrors updated more often than public
  mirrors (for instance the mirror on which the PTS would tap into)

Independent of how we run dinstall. The PTS probably shouldn't parse packages/sources
anyways but use projectb, but thats another topic.

--
bye Joerg