Re: Less dinstall FTW?

On 08/29/2013 12:13 AM, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:
>> Is there a reason why we couldn't have incoming.d.o apt-able without
>> lowering the dinstall frequency?
>
> That is also possible, however fewer dinstall runs mean less data to
> push to mirrors and to archive on snapshot.d.o as dists/ would change
> less often.

How much data are we talking about here? As the built packages need to be pushed
at some point anyway, I guess the only additional data are package lists/release
files and so on?
If the amount of (additional) data brings some mirrors into trouble - is it
possible to push the mirrors with high bandwith more often than those with
bandwith issues?

Cheers,

Bernd