Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

On Ma, 27 aug 13, 10:18:53, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Alternately, we could be far more aggressive about removing packages from
> oldstable, I suppose, but I don't think that's a good idea; that just
> leaves our users with exactly the sorts of choices that we're trying to
> avoid.  I think it's much cleaner and better for our users to offer full
> security support and then retire the whole distribution at the same time.
> It makes planning considerably easier, among other things.

Why not add something like this to the DSA:

Unfortunately due to lack of resources there will be no updated packages
for oldstable. For contributing a fix yourself contact the Debian LTS

Maybe even not include it in the DSA, but a special new adivsory, since
DSAs have a lot of boilerplate and people may not be actually reading

Kind regards,