Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On 07/19/2013 08:32 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 07/18/2013 09:45 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> If OpenRC isn't what we need (I still believe it does address a bunch of
>> problems and that the fact it can work for non-Linux port is a key
>> factor), then I'd be for Upstart. I do maintain my packages so that they
>> work for both Ubuntu and Debian, having to write things for 2 init
>> systems would be useless added work.
>
> Popcon however speaks a completely different language:

Even if that was truth (Russ showed it might not), I don't see how this
is a counter argument to what I wrote. Besides this, this is not a
voting system: if we were governed only by a majority of users, we would
all be running Windows.

Thomas